Monday, April 4, 2016

A Barn Door...

Really, a new door into the sheep barn - - -


I've needed one since forever...

The "Man-Child" has been working on building a permanent corral for my beautiful St. Croix sheep herd.

We got the horse barn a long ways along last year, now he decided to do some work on the sheep barn.
He had a door that matches the chicken coop door (what are the chances?) and he put it into the end of the sheep barn for me. Easy access for the short woman - ME!

 He has rebuilt so much around the chicken coop. It is so nice now and so functional. Now, he in the process of building my sheep herd a permanent location sort of incorporating the chicken coop into things.

I started out with 4 St. Croix Ewe's and a St. Croix Ram. Now, I'm overflowing with St. Croix sheep. That's ok. I have good taste in sheep and sheep taste good to me~!

(=

We've been getting some beautiful lambs this year. 
I have a list of people all over the Western United States looking for St. Croix Rams. My silly sheep are playing a good one on me. So far, I have all ewe lambs but 2 - ugh. I'm probably not going to be much help to those looking for rams. My girls are on strike this year and only birthing girls...

But, they are the cutest dang ewe lambs ever~! 


And these little newborns were born during a trip to the hardware store for more bolts and screws and nails.
Aren't they just the sweetest twins ever ~~~

No lambs are cuter than St. Croix lambs...


I'm so thankful the "Man-Child" loves the critters as much as I do and spends so much of his limited free time making sure they're well cared for and comfortable. 

And, he makes sure these 'Little Grands' are well cared for too~!
They came to visit on Easter and we went for a 4-wheeler ride.

This is how the little guy prefers to ride in the Rhino - trust me, I never go too fast with him hanging around this way... 
And this grand little suffers from a sock issue - they just jump off his feet and we can never find them again ~

 And this little handsome boy decided he wanted to ride in the back of the rhino. At one point, he was laying down on a blanket looking up and watching the clouds go by.

I had some doughnuts on the counter and we bagged some up for them to take home with them. This little Sugar Monkey climbed up on the counter, took a doughnut out of the box and took a big bite out of it, then climbed down. I asked him if he was taking 'that' doughnut home with him ~ the one with the big bite out of it...
He said, "No"... "That ones for Grandpa."
I asked him why he bit a piece out of it...
He told me, "So Grandpa knows I picked it for him..."
Priceless~!
Of course, Grandpa ate that one first when he got home and heard the story...


This was a great project.
I've needed a door into the sheep barn for a long time. 
I must confess...
Sometimes I walk over just to use the door.You know, to make sure it's still there and still works...







This is quite a project going on for the beautiful St. Croix girls...

And, I have no idea why they line up and stare through that horse panel. They do it to me all the time and it's so cute...


I hope your Spring projects are turning out as satisfying as ours...

More to come on the sheep barn remodel soon~!
=)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...
I love to hear from you~!
=)